S038 - Treating Severe Skin Disease in Children
Sunday, March 3; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Diagnose inherited, inflammatory, infectious and autoimmune dermatologic diseases in children.
- Select systemic, topical and other therapies for sever skin disease in children.
- Develop an approach to managing children with severe skin disease.
This session will use case-based approach design to tackle therapeutic challenges that confront clinicians who take care of children. Cutting edge as well as tried and true therapies will be presented with special attention to how they can be safely and effectively used for pediatric patients. We will cover: atopic dermatitis, alopecia, contact dermatitis, hypersensitivity reactions, disorders of keratinization and melanocytic nevi.
- Craiglow, Brittany Gareth, MD: Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. – A(H), C(Fees); Celgene – A(Fees); Concert Pharmaceuticals – C(Grants/Research Funding); Eli Lilly and Company – C(Fees); Pfizer Inc. – A(H), C(Fees), I(NC), SP(H); Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – A(H), SP(H); Roivant Sciences – C(Fees); Summers Laboratories – O(H);
- Hunt, Raegan D., MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Jen, Melinda, MD: Merck & Co., Inc – E(S);
- Lauren, Christine T., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Martin, Kari, MD: Allergan, Inc – I(S); Crown Therapeutics – I(S); Eli Lilly and Company – I(S); Scioderm – I(S);
- Morel, Kimberly Dawn, MD: Astellas Pharma US, Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Scioderm – I(Grants/Research Funding);
Dr. Craiglow / Scaling Down: Management of Disorders of Keratinization in Children
Dr. Morel / Management of Alopecia Areata in Children
Dr. Morel and Dr. Craiglow / Q+A: Drs. Craiglow and Morel
Dr. Martin / Decoding delayed-type hypersensitivity reactions in children
Dr. Hunt / Management of Severe Hypersensitivities in Children
Dr. Martin and Dr. Hunt / Q+A: Drs. Hunt and Martin
Dr. Jen / Management of Nevi in Children
Dr. Lauren / Management of Inflammatory Disorders in Children
Dr. Lauren and Dr. Jen / Q+A: Drs. Jen and Lauren