S045 - Melanoma and Mimics: New Diagnostic and Treatment Modalities
Sunday, March 3; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize the morphology and molecular pathology of different melanoma sub-types and borderline lesions.
- Determine the appropriate patient management algorithm based on the combination of clinico-pathological correlation and, if necessary, molecular findings, as well as patient prognosis based on the new AJCC 8.
- Discuss the newly available molecular tests and the new treatment options for melanoma such as targeted therapy, immunotherapy, and combination therapies.
This session will consist of a combination of formal lectures and interactive presentations. Different melanoma types and borderline melanocytic lesions will be discussed with emphasis on a combined approach spanning from clinico-pathological presentation to new molecular techniques available for diagnosis. The eighth edition of the AJCC criteria for melanoma prognosis will be explored. New treatment options and their adverse events will be discussed including target therapy and immunotherapy. The session will be directed to general Dermatologists, Dermato-oncologists, and Dermatopathologists.
- Helmink, Beth: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- LeBoeuf, Nicole, MD: Bayer – Speaker/Faculty Education(H);
- Mihm, Martin Charles Jr., MD: Alnylam – C(IP); BioCoz – A(NC); Caliber Imaging and Diagnostics Inc. – A(NC); MelaSciences – A(NC); Novartis – C(IP); Wiley & Sons, Inc. – C(IP);
- Piris, Adriano, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Sullivan, Ryan, MD: Amgen – A(Fees); Array BioPharma – C(Fees); Biodesix, Inc. – A(Fees); Boehringer Ingelheim – O(Fees); Genentech, Inc. – C(Fees); Merck & Co., Inc – A(Fees); Novartis – A(Fees); Replimmune – A(Fees); Syndax Pharmaceuticals – A(Fees); WorldCare Clinical LLC – C(Fees);
- Zakka, Labib, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Mihm / Atypical Melanocytic Proliferations: Diagnosis, Treatment, and New Molecular Findings
Dr. Piris / Primary Cutaneous Melanoma: Morphology and Molecular Classification
Dr. Zakka / The AJCC Staging System for Cutaneous Melanoma, 8th Edition
Dr. Sullivan / The Role of BRAF Targeted Therapy in the Immunotherapy Era
Dr. Helmink / Impact of the Microbiome on Immunotherapy
Dr. LeBoeuf / Cutaneous Side Effects in Target Therapy and Immunotherapy
All faculty / Panel Discussion and Questions