S061 - Cutting Edge Multidisciplinary Care of the CTCL Patient
Monday, March 4; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe the many advantages of single site multidisciplinary care for the CTCL patient as opposed to fragmented multi-site care
- Outline the different treatment approaches to patients with different types of CTCL, based upon scientific advances, new therapies, and advanced tools
- Describe how understanding the basic biology of CTCL and T lymphocytes can guide decisions about therapeutic strategies
Cutaneous T cell lymphomas range from minor diseases with indolent life-long courses to aggressive life-threatening lymphomas potentially curable only by hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT). Our approach to the management non-indolent CTCL involves the collaborative efforts of physician-experts and physician-scientists in CTCL. These include Dermatologic-Oncologists, Radiation-Oncologists, Medical-Oncologists, HSCT-Oncologists, Nurse Practitioners, PA's, and research nurses dedicated to cutaneous lymphomas, all practicing in the same setting. Translational research studies provide bedside-to-bench, and bench-to-bedside insights that continue to improve patient care. A robust clinical trials program expands therapeutic options for our patients. Multidisciplinary care is superior.
- Clark, Rachael, MD, PhD: Sanofi – A(H);
- Cutler, Corey, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Devlin, Phillip, MD: Demos Medical Publishing – O(IP);
- Fisher, David C., MD: Celgene Corporation – A(Fees); Gilead Sciences, Inc. – A(Fees);
- Kupper, Thomas, MD: Adaptive Biotechnologies Corporation – A(NC); TremRX – B(NC);
- Larocca, Cecilia, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- LeBoeuf, Nicole, MD: Bayer – Speaker/Faculty Education(H);
- Mitchum, Marsha D, MD, MPH: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- O'Malley, John, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Kupper / Introduction
Dr. LeBoeuf / CTCL Subtypes
Dr. Clark / The Biology of MF and Leukemic CTCL
Dr. O'Malley / High Throughput Sequencing of TCR genes
Dr. Devlin / Radiation Oncology and CTCL
Dr. Larocca / Dermatologic Oncology and Skin Directed Therapy
Fisher / Medical Oncology and CTCL
Cutler / Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: Why and When
All faculty / Multidisciplinary Cases