S062 - Managing Birthmarks and Neonatal Skin Diseases
Monday, March 4; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Determine which pigmented birthmarks require further evaluation(s) and which do not.
- Develop a checklist for evaluation of common vascular birthmarks.
- Determine the best approach to diagnosis and differential diagnosis of vesiculopustular disease in newborns.
Clinicians face a myriad of decisions when evaluating newborns and infants with birthmarks and rashes. This symposium will present practical approaches to managing vascular and pigmented birthmarks, hamartomas, pits and protuberances which might suggest developmental abnormalities and neonatal rashes. The speakers will do this using a "checklist" approach. This approach will help those attending to take away high-yield practical suggestions from experts in Pediatric Dermatology.
- Frieden, Ilona J., MD: Pfizer Inc. – Data Safety Monitoring Board(Fees); Venthera – A(H);
- Howard, Renee M., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- McMahon, Patrick J., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Oza, Vikash Sudhir, MD: Pfizer Inc. – A(Fees); Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – A(Fees);
- Zlotoff, Barrett J., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Frieden / Introduction and Conceptual Framework
Dr. Howard / What Lies Beneath:Pits and Protuberances
Dr. McMahon / Newborn Rashes: From Banal to Disastrous
Dr. Frieden / Seeing Pink Red and Blue: Vascular Birthmarks
Dr. Zlotoff / Congenital Melanocytic Nevi, cafe au lait macules and everything in between
Dr. Oza / Hamartomas
All faculty / Case presentations