S063 - Dermatological Emergencies: The Skin As A Sentinal
Monday, March 4; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize early signs of systemic and cutaneous disease especially in acutely ill and hospitalized patients
- Formulate a differential diagnosis and management strategy for severe and potentially life-threatening diseases with cutaneous manifestations
This session will emphasize the important role of the dermatologist as part of the care team for acutely ill patients with skin disease. Speakers will highlight common and uncommon skin and systemic manifestations, especially early signs and symptoms, to aid in more rapid recognition of potential dermatologic emergencies. Attendees will also learn strategies to more effectively evaluate and manage complex and potentially life-threatening skin diseases.
- Fox, Lindy Peta, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Harp, Joanna L., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Markova, Alina, MD: AstraZeneca – A(H); Incyte Corporation – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Rosenbach, Misha, MD: aTyr Pharma – C(H); Derm101 – Independent Contractor(H); JAMA – E(S); Merck & Co., Inc – C(H); Promet Therapeutics, LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Strowd, Lindsay Chaney, MD: Actelion – SP(H); Galderma USA – C(H); Pfizer Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Regeneron – A(H);
- Worswick, Scott, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Dr. Fox / Septic vasculitis
Dr. Harp / Emergent Retiform Purpura
Dr. Markova / Derm Emergencies in Oncology Patients
Dr. Worswick / Great cases
Dr. Rosenbach / TBD