U009 - Managing Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer in Very Elderly Patients: Controversies, Conundrums and a Search for Consensus
Thursday, July 25; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Differentiate low vs high-risk non-melanoma skin cancers in elderly patients
- Determine appropriate management for non-melanoma skin cancer in elderly patients taking both patient and tumor-characteristics into account
- Apply skills learned to help patients and their families make decisions regarding care
This session will use patient examples to explore best-practices for managing non-melanoma skin cancer in very elderly patients.
- Chang, Anne Lynn S., MD: Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Genentech, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Merck & Co., Inc – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Nuskin – I(Grants/Research Funding); Regeneron – A(H);
- Ferguson, Nkanyezi Ngwenyama, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Moye, Margaret, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Shukla, Neha: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Thursday, July 25
Dr. Moye / Introduction + When Surgery is Too Much: Patient and Tumor Characteristics that Warrant a Less Aggressive Approach
Dr. Ferguson / When Well-Timed Surgery is Just Right
Dr. Chang / When Surgery is Not Enough: Targeted Therapies and Immunotherapy in Elderly Patients
Shukla / Shared Decision Making with Elderly Patients
All faculty / Questions + Answers